If you are not familiar with either Sitecore or Umbraco and you are looking for a flexible CMS that will best fit your organisation's needs, then what better place to start your education than here?
So, let's get started...
Sitecore CMS and Umbraco CMS are two leading content management systems based upon Microsoft's ASP.NET framework. Their flexibility, functionality, integration capabilities and ease of use is why we have chosen to focus our technical expertise on these systems. In short, we feel they are the best .NET CMS platforms on the market. That is why when it comes to Sitecore and Umbraco we are one of the leading development houses in the UK.
Similarities between Sitecore CMS and Umbraco CMS
- Design layouts are separated from the content
- Easy integration with Microsoft Office
- Can be integrated with your internal systems like ERP and CRM
- Easily scalable and customisable through modules (Sitecore) or packages (Umbraco)
- Easy-to use User Interfaces (UI)
- Endless expansion possibilities
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) support (Sitecore 6.6, Umbraco 4.11.1)
- Due to the large open-source Umbraco community and the expert development teams within the Sitecore network both CMS platforms are constantly evolving at a rapid pace
- Comprehensive documentation and online help & guidance
Differences between Sitecore CMS and Umbraco CMS
- Sitecore is a license-based product, this means a license fee is paid to acquire it
- Umbraco is an open-source product, meaning there is no license fee
- Sitecore is an enterprise solution whereas Umbraco is suited to small-medium sized businesses
- Sitecore 6.6 has device simulation and device emulation capabilities
- Sitecore's Customer Engagement Platform (CEP) gives marketers the ability to engage with customers across all digital channels using Sitecore's Digital Marketing System (DMS) which includes Sitecore's Email Campaign Manager (ECM). A Frost and Sullivan report quoted Sitecore CEP as, "one of the most relevant developments in the history of the Web Content Management (WCM) area…”
Choosing between the two simply boils down to your organisation's CMS needs and, of course, budget. We would always recommend that you start with finding an experienced technical partner (such as Codehouse) to discuss which solution best suits your needs. On a final note, if you are looking for peace of mind we offer unparalleled support through our Codehouse Support System for both Sitecore and Umbraco CMS solutions.
We recommend you sign up for a one-to-one demonstration from our Sitecore and Umbraco experts. Just complete the form on the right. If however you want to speak to someone directly about your requirements then feel free to call us on 020 7398 1491. We will be delighted to help you make the right decision.
We hope that we have given you some food for thought...
If you are viewing this page on a mobile device and would like to request a Sitecore and/or an Umbraco demo click here.