What are you getting?
The latest version of Sitecore WCMS is version 8, the Sitecore Experience Platform (XP8). This brand new version has undergone an entire facelift.
To begin with Sitecore XP8 has a new user interface developed using SPEAK (Sitecore Process Enablement & Accelerator Kit). This is presented in an easy navigable dashboard. Another important development is the Experience Database (xDB) which has moved from SQL Server to MongoDB (first made available with Sitecore 7.5). This switch to MongoDB is to be able to handle more data than the SQL Server used in previous Sitecore versions.
The Sitecore Experience Platform also includes:
- The Experience Profile which collects data about the whole customer experience. This uses Sitecore’s AIDA™ (Analysis, Insights, Decisions, Automation) technology
- The ability to segment website visitors into audiences
- Automated testing and optimisation means that content tests no longer need to be configured
- Cross-channel experience delivery (Federated Experience Manager), which enables you to use Sitecore as the main hub to manage all your digital real estate (including non-Sitecore sites)
- Sales Intelligence
Sitecore XP8 keeps many of its predecessor’s staple features, but with updated names. For example the Email Campaign Manager is the Email Experience Manager, and the Digital Marketing System is now called Experience Marketing. Sitecore 8 also has a variety of commerce solutions available.
Summary of features:
- Experience Database (xDB)
- Sitecore AIDA™ technology
- Improved Analytics
- Pervasive Analytics and Insights
- Experience Profile
- Automated testing and optimisation
- Cross-channel experience delivery
- New user interface
If you want an improved user experience for your content administrators, editors, authors, and for your website visitors then these new and advanced features are a very good reason to upgrade to the Sitecore Experience Platform
To facilitate the upgrade of your existing Sitecore CMS solution you should choose an experienced Sitecore Partner mindful of the potential pitfalls in the upgrade process. Choose Codehouse if your priority is a professional, smooth and safe transition to Sitecore XP8.
As one of the most experienced Sitecore Partners with multiple Sitecore awards we have huge expertise in implementing, upgrading and integrating Sitecore solutions within businesses. Choosing Codehouse will give you a future-proof solution tailored to fit your needs – with the added value of custom-made Codehouse modules.
If you want to know more about the advantages of upgrading your Sitecore solution to version 8 then get in touch.