What is Sitecore 8.2 offering?
As with previous releases, there's a mission. This time around it's to ‘close the experience gap’. With ‘experience’ becoming an important metric for marketers, it makes sense that Sitecore 8.2 is aiming to make life easier for marketing teams to improve customer experience across all channels, devices and across multiple visits.
The focus is on improved personalisation and automation capabilities
But that's not all. As with previous releases Sitecore have not only tweaked some key features like the Experience Editor, they have also introduced some new functionality like the Express Migration Tool which promises to make it easier and quicker to upgrade to Sitecore 8.2 and also an upgraded Path Analyser which now tracks user journeys.
We'll be taking a deeper look at version 8.2 so look out for future posts. In the meantime, here’s a summary of its features:
- Improved editing tools in the Experience Editor
- Enhanced publishing and performance
- Express migration tool
- Sitecore Services Client and MVC
- Real-time customer data in Experience Analytics
- Upgraded Path Analyser
- Improved tool set for easier Engagement Automation
- Enhancements to segmentation/rules management