Sitecore 9 Update 2, also known as Sitecore 9.0.2, was released last month.
As usual, a number of bug fixes and improvements have been made, thanks to the Sitecore partner community, including Codehouse, providing feedback and recommendations on the previous version.
And the fantastic changes available as part of an upgrade to Sitecore 9 are all still there:
- A brand new Sitecore Forms module to replace Webforms for Marketers;
- New marketing automation with a modern UI;
- New Sitecore xConnect APIs and services for data integration;
- Support for Federated Authentication;
- and much more.
More on Sitecore 9
Take a look at our many articles on Sitecore 9 to learn more about it. There’s more to come!
- Sitecore 9 is bigger, smarter, and easier to use
- Sitecore 9.1 is released
- The benefits of upgrading to Sitecore 9
- An introduction to Sitecore xConnect
- Sitecore Experience Commerce 9 – The new first choice for omnichannel retail
- How upgrading to Sitecore 9 can help with GDPR
- What’s new in Sitecore Version 9 Update 1?
- Mainstream support for Sitecore 8.0 and 8.1 to end
New features in Sitecore 9 Update 2
Apart from fixing a few things and resolving a few issues, Sitecore 9 Update 2 also includes a few new features and improvements, namely:
- Huge improvements around Sitecore xConnect and the way it handles list queries, index rebuilding, and merges data-sets;
- The introduction of a cache for the evaluation of live event definitions has improved the performance of marketing automation processing;
- Solr Cloud is now supported in both Experience Management (XM) and the Experience Platform (XP), and Solr Cloud with Content Search and Behavioural (Experience) Analytics Search is supported through xConnect;
- A new Update Centre application has been introduced, which recommends the updates and hot fixes that should be automatically downloaded and installed, based on your current instance of Sitecore XP and the modules you have.
Want to see Sitecore 9 in action?
We're already working on websites built on Sitecore 9 Update 2 for some of our customers.
We’d be happy to show you around Sitecore 9, and discuss why you should consider an upgrade – just get in touch.