We’re looking for an experienced Delivery Manager to join our London team, assisting with enabling delivery teams to be successful for our customers and initiatives.
The role requires an individual who is passionate about detail, with a keen problem solving attitude. Prior hands-on experience in a project delivery role is essential, however, the opportunity will enable the right person to add value and evolve themselves on the exciting digital journey.
Whilst a seasoned Delivery Manager is expected to hit the ground running, coaching teams of Developers, Product Managers, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance Engineers and other subject matter experts, means there's ample scope for influencing and introducing change, where contribution of ideas, methodologies and other company-wide suggestions for improvement are thoroughly welcomed.
The role is suitable for an individual looking to continue and accelerate their journey in project and delivery management in a vibrant digital agency, based in the City of London.
Our delivery models are based on the principles of Agile Software and Product Development. They are however adaptable enough to suit customer’s needs for different types of engagement, as would be expected of a digital partner. Broadly, delivery teams span several customers and models as part of day-to-day delivery. Our Delivery Managers plays a pivotal part in traffic management, ensuring that deadlines are met, deliveries are on budget, and customers are happy.
As Codehouse is a technical implementation partner, many of our deliveries are product development related involving software development, often on the Sitecore CMS and traditionally, but not exclusively, within the Microsoft .NET technology stack.
Our services span from initial consultancy, technical discovery and definition, through build and post production services such as SEO and Analytics. In conjunction with our sister brand, HOUSE, we provide customers with a full end-to-end product development experience, including strategy and vision, user research, user experience, branding and creative design.
Role profile and key responsibilities
- Enabling delivery teams and product owners in day-to-day activities, including resource management, delivery scheduling, ceremony/meeting/workshop planning, action-point management and general project governance
- Maintaining project and delivery management mediums, such as risk logs, RACIs, project plans and other associated collaboration tools, supported by a Delivery Coordinator
- Coordinating key touch points with customers in-line with team commitments, ensuring that these are validated, realistic and achievable
- Supporting team members and customers with queries, ensuring that these are channelled to the suitable colleagues/specialists or resources
- Managing deadlines and commitments made by colleagues and the delivery teams, ensuring that progress is tracked, forecast and risk assessed
- Upholding effective delivery toolkits where suitable for the type of engagement
- Reporting to customers and internal stakeholders and routine touchpoints, the progress, successes and challenges of deliveries
- Introducing/tuning ways of working and effectively managing teams through delivery processes to optimise and deliver the best results and value for customers, whilst ensuring that the teams are empowered and in control of their own commitments
Professional and personal requirements
- Comfortable and confident in a customer facing and colleague-supporting role, working to enable and empower colleagues through effective management and instruction
- Experience of, and desire to continue, working in a vibrant digital agency, over a wide variety of customers
- Technically astute, passionate about software and the process of building digital products
- Keen to work with teams, in a collaborative office environment, with flexible working, building relationships with team members and customers routinely
- Eager to learn and develop, through a combination of on-the-job experience and external professional qualification attainment, provided as part of the role benefits
- Experience with and continue working in Scrum deliveries, passionate about this process and open-minded enough to adapt and evolve where appropriate, to deliver results
- Previous experience with the Atlassian products for software development (eg. Jira) or an equivalent enterprise issue tracking platform
- Strong experience with appropriate industry standard project governance and management tools
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
We're offering a competitive salary and a great benefits package. Training and formal professional qualifications form part of the compensation plan, subject to agreement. This role is based in our London office, with hybrid/flexible working options.
Codehouse is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origins, or disability or age.
We request that recruitment agencies do not contact us in relation to this or any other advertised roles.