We're currently seeking a talented junior front-end developer to join our team at our Colombo office. The role is ideal for a keen developer looking to evolve into an outstanding contributor to the front-end team, providing new and interesting website solutions for our clients. You will become part of a the team of developers, based at the World Trade Center, who will work closely with Codehouse colleagues in London. You will be using the same systems as your colleagues in the UK and share the same values and culture. Working hours are regular, local, Sri Lanka office hours.
Because many of the websites we build are powered by Content Management Systems like Sitecore and Umbraco, knowledge of these CMS platforms would be an advantage - but we expect the successful candidate to learn how to surface the best out of both these systems. Experience with the Microsoft technology stack would also be an advantage.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Transforming UX & creative designs into stunning websites
- Working with the back-end development team to integrate UI into the web applications
- Delivering websites following the latest web standards for accessibility and best practises for SEO
- Rectifying clients’ support tickets
- Attention to detail regarding browser/device testing across a wide range of platforms
- Continuously developing your skills to reflect the needs of our clients (support and training for this is provided)
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Have knowledge of HTML, CSS, jQuery and responsive design techniques
- Have an interest in web design and user experience
- Speak fluent English
- Have current and valid eligibility to work in Sri Lanka
- Be passionate about IT (do you blog, have a github account, etc?)
- Be a good communicator
Working closely with our London office, strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written, are essential.
We're offering a competitive salary and great benefits packages.
Codehouse is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origins, or disability or age.
Please note that we are not interested in hearing from recruitment agencies.