We are looking for an infrastructure specialist, with at least 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position, to join our IT team based in our London office. The role is hands on, diverse and challenging. You will have the opportunity to help shape the approach to IT and broaden your skill set along the way. The key objective is to facilitate the business’s requirements with an agile and adaptive approach without compromising the security and efficiency of the solutions provided.
As a core member of the IT team within the organisation, you will hold responsibility for maintaining both internal and customer environments, ensuring infrastructure up-time to avoid operational disturbances. The role reports to the Operations Director.
The tech stack is Microsoft (we are a Gold Partner) and includes on-premises infrastructure as well as cloud-based services. You will be expected to analyse and report on the advantages and disadvantages of both and develop a strategy for the future growth of the business. This includes configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimising all new and existing network hardware, software and communication links.
To be successful in this role you will have experience with current infrastructure technologies, Specifically; Windows Server Stack, Cloud (Azure), Virtualisation, Networking & Security (Switches, Access Points / Firewalls).
A strong understanding in the infrastructure aspects of hosting .NET CMS websites (specifically Sitecore) would be advantageous. A large part of the role is the support of both the internally hosted websites (and underlying dependencies) and providing advice and troubleshooting to the customer hosted platforms that we support. This considered, there are aspects of the role which are customer facing, including attending infrastructure workshops and writing/presenting reports.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide support to development teams internally and externally
- Conduct solution assessments for customers in-keeping with the Codehouse format
- Work alongside other technicians in providing ad hoc internal IT technical support via the IT Service Desk
- Ensure the up-time of all on premise services across the global organisation. This may include out of hours support of the regional offices on occasion
- Ensure the company meets its requirements to the various standards including Cyber Essentials, ISO 27002, GDPR and produce documentation to support these policies
- Work with suppliers and manage the procurement of hardware and software/subscriptions across the global organisation including asset management of IT hardware & ongoing subscription based expenditure.
- Provide continual improvements and advancements in Infrastructure, user support, cyber security, disaster recovery and business continuity
Technical knowledge requirements:
- Windows 10 & Server 2012/2016 Administration, deployment, patch management
- DNS, DHCP, DFRS, Group Policy, Hyper-V, WSUS, ADCS
- Office 365 – Exchange and Skype for Business Administration
- Active Directory Administration
- Configuration, design & monitoring of Network hardware (routers, switches, firewalls) plus Intrusion detection and prevention
- Networking administration and support for a secure corporate environment. (TCP/IP, DNS, VLAN, VPN (SSL & IPSec))
- Azure IaaS Services (Virtual Machines, NSG, Storage, VPN)
- Cyber Security best practices and awareness
- Firewall Management, ideally WatchGuard
- BCP and DR planning, testing and execution.
- Veeam Backup & Replication including direct restore to Azure
- SAN Administration
- IIS Administration
- SQL Administration (Backup/restores, security, high availability)
- Knowledge of Azure Web Apps, Azure SQL and other Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) tools.
- DevOps tools such as TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Redgate ToolBelt
- Experience of Windows Remote Desktop (Terminal Services)
- Background in dealing with Azure subscription administration
- PowerShell scripting skills and Azure ARM Templating
- Experience of the Atlassian stack (Confluence/Jira)
- Avaya/VOIP Experience
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Have current and valid eligibility to work in the UK
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Have an excellent grasp of the English language
This is an ideal opportunity to advance a career in infrastrcuture management. We’re offering a competitive salary and a great benefits packages including healthcare, pension, and gym membership.
Have what it takes?
Apply now with a CV and cover letter.
Codehouse is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origins, or disability or age.
Please note that we are not interested in hearing from recruitment agencies.