💡 Who we’re looking for 💡
We're looking for a driven and self-motivated Junior Automation QA Engineer to join our London office.
This is an ideal opportunity for entry level graduates with a supporting Computer Science degree or equivalent to kickstart their career in software testing.
If you are the right candidate, we will provide a series of web automation training exercises that focus on the fundamental technologies used to build our existing automated solutions. You'll also be brought up to speed with best coding and testing practices.
⭐️ Who we are ⭐️
Codehouse is a full service digital experience agency, from strategy, design, and delivery, to ongoing optimisation and support. We are lucky to partner with client organisations that, in their respective sectors of the global economy, are contributing to transforming logistics, healthcare, energy and housing.
Our London office works closely with our teams in Sydney, Australia and Colombo, Sri Lanka to deliver and support global solutions.
What you'll be doing
You'll be working with the QA team by creating automated test scripts, maintaining existing test scripts and enhancing our Web Automated Frameworks. Although this role is primarily focused on automated testing, it also consists of understanding how to execute manual test scripts and supporting the QA team with manual testing on occasions.
- Developing C# automated scripts using Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber BDD
- Creating and executing regression tests across all test & live environments
- Converting manual test cases into automated test cases
- Troubleshooting failing test cases after an automated test run has been executed
- Raising accurate and detailed defects and issues on Jira
- Assisting the Quality Assurance team with manual testing (Cross-browser testing; Mobile testing: iOS & Android testing with Browserstack; API Testing: using Swagger/Postman)
You must be proficient in the following technologies:
- .NET Development, C# and Visual Studio 2019
- Understanding of OOP principles
- Strong knowledge base on essential Selenium Webdriver commands, awareness of race conditions, implicit & explicit waits
- Source control, GitFlow, code reviews / pull requests, managing branches, and resolution of conflicts
- Using Jira to raise bugs found from either Manual or Automated Testing
Knowledge and exposure of the following would be beneficial:
- Familiar with XPaths to locate Web Elements with Selenium Webdriver
- Understanding how to convert manual test cases into BDD automated test cases
- Maintaining transformed config files for each environment in the Pipeline
- Simple PowerShell understanding, to trigger a local Automated test run to generate a Test Report
- Tagging test cases for focused test executions on specific environments
- Exposure testing a Web Applications that use a CMS (Content Management System)
🎁Our Perks and Benefits
We pride ourselves in our commitment to the professional development of our team as well as their wellbeing. We offer a wide range of benefits including, but not limited to, the ones listed below:
- Health insurance (including dental and optical)
- 50% contribution towards a gym membership (Virgin Active)
- Free annual flu jab
- Employee Assistance Programme, including Mental Health support
- Holiday buy/sell (up to 5 days per calendar year)
- Sabbatical - up to 3 months unpaid leave after 5 years' service
- Work/Life Balance - flexible working suited to your role
📖 Learning & Development
- Great career progression opportunities, including a “promote within” philosophy and supporting lateral role changes.
- Paid-for books and e-learning resources at your disposal for your professional evolution
- Sponsored courses, events or conferences, specific to your role and aspirations
- Mentoring programme to help you through your first few months
- Friday afternoon socials (drinks, cultural events)
- Company sponsored initiatives, such as football tournament, games evenings, movie nights
- Regular after-work socials & team lunches
- Team building days and off-sites
- Interest free season ticket loan available
- Financial hardship support
- Employers Pension contribution (up to 4%)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
If you're a confident communicator, with fluent written and spoken English, and have current and valid eligibility to work in the UK, we want to hear from you.
Codehouse is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origins, or disability or age.
We request that recruitment agencies do not contact us in relation to this or any other advertised roles.