Lead UX Consultant
We are seeking a passionate, fun, experienced and all-round great Lead UX Consultant who can bring agency expertise and leadership to both pre-sales and customer projects.
Codehouse is a specialist Sitecore web development and digital marketing agency designing and building digital experiences that make our client’s brands more successful.
Working closely with the sales team you will develop new business opportunities, create engaging UX strategies and respond to client pitches.
For our customers you will deliver Digital/Experience Strategy, UX Consultancy and Experience Design projects. The role will be hands on leading client engagements, researching needs and turning insights into engaging UX designs. Visual UI design skills will be an advantage but are not essential for the position as the focus of this role is UX Consultancy.
We are a small team in Sydney with serious growth ambitions backed by our much larger head office team in London. The role offers an opportunity to take a leadership position in a growing Australian digital agency.
- Undertake research, strategy and UX design consultancy for our customers
- Develop concepts and scope new solution ideas, projects, and business activities
- Create client UX deliverables including research, strategy, personas, user journeys, functional specifications, IA and wireframes
- Managing and developing positive customer relationships and delivering quality results to customer expectations
- Leading and contributing to Codehouse marketing activities including generating content (blogs, social, collateral) and monitoring industry developments
- Building and maintaining industry networks, seeking and attaining introductions with potential clients, finding opportunities to present at relevant conferences and meet ups
- Working closely with our BDM to develop new business opportunities, engaging in pre-sales client meetings and creating compelling proposals and pitches to address customers’ needs
- Project management – including timeline, budget management and quality control
- Stay aware of industry trends and UX design practices
- Extensive work experience as a Senior UX Consultant / UX Designer / Digital Experience Consultant
- Confidence presenting to and engaging with clients in a manner that inspires trust and support
- Good business acumen that compliments a deep understanding of digital solutions and UX design
- Must be 'hands-on' and not afraid to get 'stuck in'; talking to customer representatives, listening to and understanding requirements, challenging customer perception, producing deliverables
- People management experience, supporting individuals and the team to achieve their potential
- Understand the agency-side dynamic – managing and delivering to client expectations
- Time and project management skills – managing projects within budget, in terms of time and cost
- Experience developing sales opportunities into ideas and tangible concepts in a pre-sales capacity
- Working with CMS solutions such as Sitecore / Adobe (desirable)
- UI creative design skills are desirable
To be considered for this position you must:
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in a lead UX role
- Have extensive experience working in digital agencies
- Be passionate about web and user experience design
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work in a fast-paced agency environment
- Be already a resident and have current and valid eligibility to work in Australia
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
Please note that this is for a permanent placement.
We request that recruitment agencies do not contact us in relation to this or any other advertised roles.
Codehouse is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origins, or disability or age.