Mid-Senior Front-end Developer
Our team in Sydney is growing and we are looking for an enthusiastic front-end developer who is passionate about web technologies and creating engaging digital user experiences.
The websites we build are powered by Content Management Systems (CMS) and experience with these is essential. Knowledge of specific the CMS systems we implement (Sitecore and Umbraco) would be an advantage but not essential as we will train you up.
So what's it like working at Codehouse?
You will become a key part of the team of developers, based in the Sydney CBD, working local NSW office hours. You will work closely with colleagues in London and Colombo to leverage Codehouse systems and standards.
Codehouse culture is characterised by respect for the individual, freedom with responsibility and the belief that our colleagues can flourish given the right conditions and environment. That's why we encourage and support our colleagues to attain new accreditations, learn new skills and to develop their respective roles and positions within Codehouse. We hold quarterly hack days and ongoing social events to ensure we recharge and refresh regularly.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Turning creative designs, PSD/Sketch, into stunning websites
- Working with the backend development team to integrate UI into the web applications
- Delivering websites focused on user-centred design, web standards, usability, and accessibility
- Rectifying customer support tickets
- Thorough browser and device testing across a wide range of platforms
- Continuously developing your skills to reflect the needs of our customers (support and training for this is provided)
Skills or experience required:
- Experience working with HTML and CSS adhering to W3C standards
- Knowledge of CSS coding methodologies (BEM, OOCSS, SMACSS)
- Exposure to CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS)
- Exposure to development workflow tools (Gulp, Grunt)
- Familiar working with templating libraries (Handlebars, Mustache)
To be considered for this position you must:
- Have a demonstrable portfolio of work, publicly available
- Be passionate about web design and user experience
- Have current and valid eligibility to work in Australia
- Be a confident communicator, with fluent written and spoken English
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise and manage own time
Other advantageous qualities…
- Be passionate about IT (do you blog, have a GitHub account, etc.)
- Have an interest in web design and user experience
- Microsoft Technology stack experience
- Sitecore/Umbraco CMS experience
- Enterprise web development experience
- Community contributor i.e. Stack Overflow
We request that recruitment agencies do not contact us in relation to this or any other advertised roles.
Codehouse is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origins, or disability or age.