Junior/Mid-level Quality Assurance Engineer
As a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer you will be working closely with the engineering and product solutions team, with support from the QA Lead, in an agile environment, ensuring defects and bugs are kept out of reach of production and our web and digital solutions are delivered to the highest quality, in a timely manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Review, analyse, and explain test scenarios from requirements, and execute tests to ensure functional and non-functional features are met.
- Perform manual testing and report issues using relevant defect tracking tools to ensure they are fixed and resolved.
- Support the QA Lead in creation of test plans, test strategies, and schedules for releases.
- Estimate, prioritise, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Assist in the process of automated testing by writing and improving the current automation framework.
- Deriving automated tests from key user journeys and integrating them into continuous integration pipelines and tools.
- Help improve QA processes across the company and apply QA best practice across projects.
- Work collaboratively with Project Management, Development Teams, Business Analysts, and other stakeholders, to deliver exceptional quality.
- Develop and maintain your own technical and environmental skills and knowledge, and share best practices with the QA team.
- Undertake any other routine testing activities that may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and experience required
- A degree in Software Engineering / IT / Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 1-2 years of experience as a software quality assurance engineer in digital technology and the web.
- Experience of test automation in C#, using tools such as Specflow, Selenium Web Driver, BrowserStack, and performance testing tools such as JMeter/BlazeMeter is highly desirable.
- Exposure to best testing practices such as Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development in agile methodologies.
- Exposure to continuous integration tools such as TeamCity, VSTS and Octopus deploy is highly desirable.
- Should have excellent test cases and test plan writing and executing skills, and can effectively manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Confident communicator, with proactive approach towards assigned pieces of work.
- Experience in Agile environments and understanding of SCRUM best practices will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience working with overseas teams / customers is highly desirable, as well as testing with content management systems such as Sitecore.
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Have current and valid eligibility to work in the UK
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Have an excellent grasp of the English language
We offer a competitive salary, and great benefits packages including healthcare, pension, and gym membership.
Codehouse is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origins, or disability or age.
Please note that we are not interested in hearing from recruitment agencies.