Receptionist / Office Assistant
We're looking for a Receptionist / Office Assistant to join our friendly team in our vibrant London office.
You will be responsible for maintaining a clean, presentable, and safe office environment, as well as handling incoming phone calls, meeting and greeting visitors, maintaining the rest area / kitchen tidiness, distributing internal communications, and managing deliveries/suppliers.
In addition to general clerical and administrative duties, you will be responsible for ensuring that colleagues uphold office procedures and systems, including equipment sign in/out, appointment booking, and general housekeeping.
A key aspect of the role is ensuring that customers and guests have a pleasant experience in a professional environment.
Together with the Office Manager, you will be actively involved in planning and organising team-building events for colleagues, including regular social events in and around London.
This is a full-time position, Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm. On occasion, flexibility is required on the starting time to accommodate customer meetings at the start of the day. The position reports to the Office Manager.
Skills / experience required
- The ability to efficiently multitask and prioritise tasks based on the daily company schedule and visitor needs
- The capability of being flexible when handling ad hoc requests
- Excellent phone manner and communicative skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent time-keeping and forward planning skills
- The ability to be thorough when completing tasks
- Handling visitor bookings, answering phone / email enquiries, maintaining a welcoming space for guests
- Upholding a safe, comfortable, and professional work-space
- Managing suppliers, including engineers, technicians, pest control, decorators, etc.
- Managing premises cleaning - routine and deep-cleaning
- Following and upholding procedures pertaining to Health and Safety and Information Security (GDPR)
- Key holder
- Managing meeting room equipment inventory, booking calendar, conducting routine tidiness checks
- Fully responsible for the kitchen / rest areas and associated daily tasks - dishwasher, coffee machine, fridge, kitchen supplies, refreshments, recycling
- Stationery and office equipment inventory management
- Assisting ad hoc with company marketing events
- Planning staff team-building events
- Managing office postal communications with the facility post office
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Speak fluent English
- Have current and valid eligibility to work in the UK
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits packages including healthcare, pension and gym membership.
Codehouse is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origins, or disability or age.
Please note that we are not interested in hearing from recruitment agencies.