Senior Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps Engineer
💡 Who we’re looking for 💡
We're looking for a dedicated individual to join our tech team as a Senior Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps Engineer in our London office.
This is an ideal opportunity for senior level candidates from a Development background with a deep understanding of Cloud infrastructure providers Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS), and who are passionate about providing the best solutions to deploying well-performing and stable systems.
The Senior Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps Engineer’s aim is to contribute in leading the Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps functions, contributing to team strategy and planning whilst providing hands on support for day-to-day workstreams.
⭐️ Who we are ⭐️
Codehouse is a full-service digital experience agency, from strategy, design, and delivery, to ongoing optimisation and support. We are lucky to partner with client organisations that, in their respective sectors of the global economy, are contributing to transforming logistics, healthcare, energy and housing.
Our London office works closely with our teams in Sydney, Australia and Colombo, Sri Lanka to deliver and support global solutions.
What you'll be doing
As a passionate Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps Engineer, your role is to provide complete solutions from development to delivery of enterprise-level websites.
To achieve this, you will use advanced knowledge of the scripting (PowerShell), programming languages (C#) and technologies related to Sitecore . You will be working closely alongside individuals across other specialisms including back and front-end developers, QA engineers, product owners, business analysts, and delivery managers, in an agile environment to provide continuous delivery of digital solutions with the highest quality.
📢Key responsibilities – Cloud Infrastructure
- Provide consultancy services for Cloud Infrastructure design, including system specifications and diagrams.
- Provide architecture for enterprise level infrastructure and create such resources to host Sitecore or web services that interact with dependencies to deliver the best performance, resiliency, and security possible.
- Create and support Kubernetes clusters on Azure and AWS that host Sitecore 10.x websites.
- Perform infrastructure reviews and provide insights for improvements or problems.
- Proactively execute on deliverables identified as improvements, or problems.
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to scenarios where Cloud Infrastructure in models like IaaS, PaaS or SaaS can be offered to give the best alternative including high availability, resiliency and scalability.
- Uphold a security driven mind-set where all design, development and general practices set in place are considered as the top priority, adopting principles such as Privacy by Design and by Default.
- Routinely manage and support Networking, Security Groups, Load Balancers (L4 and L7) and Web Application Firewalls in Azure and AWS.
- Define standards and best practices for cloud infrastructure and automation of tasks on the CI/CD tools.
- Mentor developers on their learning path to cloud infrastructure and dev ops implementation.
- Familiar with Sitecore technology stack and infrastructure.
📢Key responsibilities – DevOps
- Maintain and develop operations to enhance efficiency in the delivery process of solutions using available tools and technologies or being innovative in adopting or creating new initiatives.
- Migration of pipelines between technology stacks.
- Manage administration of TLS/SSL certificate requests, installations and renewals.
- Provide basic Load Performance Test execution and reports.
- Proficiently integrate solutions from ready-to-release to production websites and be able to identify and solve challenges throughout the delivery pipelines.
- Promote automation of processes where timeline and budget permit to facilitate recurrent tasks that are otherwise time consuming.
- Hands on knowledge of a programming language, preferably .NET, C#
- Advanced PowerShell, using programming language (statements, variables, etc) to manipulate files, system modules, command line tools, web APIs, etc.
- Source control, Git Flow, code reviews / pull requests, managing branches, and resolution of conflicts.
- Networking concepts like VPN, IPs, and DNS.
- Familiar with advanced usage of one of the following: Azure DevOps, TeamCity, Jenkins, or Octopus Deployment. JSON, XML, YAML syntax, apply complex changes to IaC with YAML.
- Cloud providers Azure and AWS advanced knowledge such as Azure Virtual Machines, Virtual Network, Virtual Network Gateways, Application Gateway, Azure Front Door, Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Container Registry, Azure SQL Server, Azure Defender, Azure Storage, Service Principals, RBAC to name a few. This would mean equivalent services on AWS such as EC2, VPC, Elastic Kubernetes Service, Elastic Container Registry, Security Groups, etc.
- IIS 8.5, and IIS 10 setting up websites, security, and advanced configuration.
- Management of TLS/SSL certificates (create, renew, install, etc) via PowerShell or OpenSSL.
- Docker, Docker Desktop on Windows with full understanding of configuration needed to create docker containers using docker-compose.
- Kubernetes and Kubernetes CLI with a full understanding of defining services in the Kubernetes manifest for scalability of services, troubleshooting, etc.
- Terraform and Terraform Cloud to provision cloud infrastructure.
Although not required, knowledge of the following would be beneficial
- Familiarity with Apache Solr (SolrCloud) and Apache Zookeeper to troubleshoot issues.
- Usage of Microsoft SQL Server and databases (backups, restores).
- Manage administration of TLS/SSL certificate requests, installations and renewals.
- Cloudflare (DNS, WAF, Zero-Trust Applications).
- Familiarity with Azure services: App Services, Application Insights, Azure Active Directory, Azure Recovery Services, Azure Functions, Azure Monitor.
- Usage of Azure CLI and AWS CLI.
Soft skills, professional and personal requirements that you’ll need
- Perform research and development tasks, promoting new technologies continuously.
- Be a contributing member to the development teams in terms of standards/optimisation improvements, technical excellence and thought leadership.
- Identify knowledge gaps cross-specialism and facilitate Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps related team training.
- Provide hands-on mentoring to fellow DevOps engineers through guidance and support.
- Promote collaboration amongst fellow DevOps engineers encouraging internal standards and innovation routines.
Our interview process is
- A 30m introductory interview with the Development Manager.
- A 60m technical interview with a Senior Frontend Developer.
- A final meeting with the Head of Development / a Director.
🎁Our Perks and Benefits
We pride ourselves on our commitment to the professional development of our team as well as their wellbeing. We offer a wide range of benefits including, but not limited to, the ones listed below:
- Health insurance (including dental and optical)
- 50% contribution towards a gym membership (Virgin Active)
- Free annual flu jab
- Employee Assistance Programme, including Mental Health support
- Holiday buy/sell (up to 5 days per calendar year)
- Sabbatical - up to 3 months unpaid leave after 5 years' service
- Work/Life Balance - flexible working suited to your role
📖 Learning & Development
- Great career progression opportunities, including a “promote within” philosophy and supporting lateral role changes.
- Paid-for books and e-learning resources at your disposal for your professional evolution
- Sponsored courses, events or conferences, specific to your role and aspirations
- Mentoring programme to help you through your first few months
- Friday afternoon socials (drinks, cultural events)
- Company sponsored initiatives, such as football tournament, games evenings, movie nights
- Regular after-work socials & team lunches
- Team building days and off-sites
- Interest free season ticket loan available
- Financial hardship support
- Employers Pension contribution (up to 4%)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
If you're a confident communicator, with fluent written and spoken English, and have current and valid eligibility to work in the UK, we want to hear from you. Please note that this is for a permanent placement.
Codehouse is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origins, or disability or age.
We request that recruitment agencies do not contact us in relation to this or any other advertised roles.