Senior Sitecore Backend Developer
An opportunity for a driven and self-motivated professional with a passion for quality and creating digital experiences that make brands more successful. With strong skills in implementation of requirements to specification, including providing assistance in producing technical documentation and briefs, developers are expected to be advocates of producing the highest quality, reliable and stable code that delivers against business objectives, both for customers and on product development programmes.
Working as part of delivery teams on a range of varying solutions, both in terms of technology and in terms of sector, backend developers are an integral part of transforming digital experiences for customers.
As the solutions which Codehouse provide to customers are typically at the enterprise level, developers play a real part in making deliveries a success and can be proud of their contribution to initiatives.
Trusted and empowered to make technical decisions and manage their own time, within designated assignments, developers are both independent delivery professionals and effective team players, accountable for their outputs.
Backend developers typically work alongside frontend developers, as well as quality assurance engineers, product owners/specialists and delivery managers. The majority of workstreams adhere to scrum principles and where possible, developers work in fully functioning agile teams.
- Writing well designed, efficient, testable code adhering to the Codehouse and industry development best practices
- Be security conscious of delivered code and keep up to date on security and data protection best practices
- Adapt and work on various projects such as CMS lead websites, writing APIs, integrate with various 3rd party systems / APIs
- Work in cross specialism SCRUM teams, adopt Agile practices and communicate efficiently with your peers
- Taking ownership of tasks from the outset and ensuring accountability for delivering on time and to the highest standard and quality
- Be a contributing member of the development teams in terms of standards/optimisation improvements, technical excellence and thought leadership
A senior developer should be proficient in the following technologies:
- .NET Development, C#, MVC, .NET Core, Web API
- Unit tests frameworks such as NUnit, XUnit, Moq
- Understanding of design patterns and their applicability in real life
- Automated build and deployment pipelines, such as Azure DevOps, Octopus, Team City, Jenkins
- CMS exposure, such as Sitecore, Umbraco, Contentful, EpiServer
- Sitecore topologies and architecture
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Development tools such as Nuke, Gulp, Cake
- Databases MSSQL, Oracle, Mongo DB
Knowledge and exposure of the following would be beneficial:
- Full understanding of Sitecore Helix principles and experience working on Helix solutions
- Sitecore SXA, JSS
- Knowledge infrastructure as code scripting and automation tools, such as Terraform, ARM templates, Ansible
- Microservices, Containers, Docker and Kubernetes
- App Services, Azure Functions
- Front End Frameworks such as React, Vue, Angular
- Node JS
Professional & Personal Requirements
- Be an excellent problem solver with an eye for detail and perseverance for resolution
- Good communications skills, communicating with colleagues across various departments and with technical and non-technical customer audience
- Effectively communicate complex technical solutions to a technical/non-technical audience
- Be inquisitive, not afraid to ask questions amongst peers and be willing to learn, independently or from mentors within the company
- Effective as part of a wider team, you should also be self-sufficient in managing and completing allocated tasks
- You will have a keen interest in keeping up with the latest developments happening in the web development and the wider tech industry
- Suggest new technologies and development practices to the development team, be involved in R&D activities in testing and trialling them
This is an ideal opportunity to advance a career in Sitecore development whilst working within a close-knit team and enjoying many of the perks of being part of the Codehouse family.
We're offering a competitive salary and a great benefits packages.
Codehouse is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origins, or disability or age.
Please note that we are not interested in hearing from recruitment agencies.